Attorney Mark Brown
University of Nebraska – Lincoln, B.S., Business Administration, 1975.
Pepperdine University School of Law – J.D., 1979.
Practice of Law:
Licensed to practice law before the Nebraska State and Federal Courts – 1979; licensed to practice before the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals – 1988. Member of the Real Estate and Probate Section, Nebraska State Bar Association.
Kenneth Cobb, P.C., Lincoln, Nebraska – 1979-1980; Associate; general practice of law.
Muffly, Lott & Oglesby – 1980-1982; Associate; general practice of law.
Lott, Oglesby & Brown – 1982-1985; Partner; general practice of law.
Oglesby, Brown, Thomas & Peterson – 1985-1994; Partner; general practice of law.
Aksamit & Brown – 1994-1996; Partner; focused on estate planning and real estate law.
Mark Brown, Attorney at Law – sole practice – 1997 to present; focusing on estate planning and real estate law.
Real Estate Licenses:
Passed licensing exam – Nebraska Real Estate Salesperson – 1980; passes licensing exam – Nebraska Real Estate Broker – 1982. These licenses are no longer active.
Southeast Community College, Lincoln, Nebraska:
- Real Estate Law, quarterly class – 1985 to 2006.
- Will and Trust Seminar – 1994 to cira 2005.
University of Nebraska – Lincoln: College of Business Administration:
- Real Estate Principles – semester class in the Finance Department – taught in 1992 and 1997.
- Business Law 371 – semester class in the Department of Accountancy – Jan. 1, 2002 to present.
Real Estate Principles Classes – taught under the licensing of the Nebraska Real Estate Commission:
- 1985 to 2006: in addition to Southeast Community College, I have taught classes for Larabee School of Real Estate and Insurance, Woods Bros. Real Estate School, and Home Real Estate School.
- Present Committee Chairperson, Human Rights and Program Ethics Committee, Community Alternatives of Nebraska (formerly Lincoln Office of Mental Retardation)
- Present Board Member; Lincoln West Sertoma
- Former member of the Board of Elders, Capitol City Christian Church
- Former President and Vice President, Executive Club of Lincoln
- Former Board Member of the Lincoln Haymarket Development Corporation
- Former Board Member of the Lancaster County Republican Party Committee
- Former Central Committee Member, Nebraska Republican Party
- Former member of the Board of Directors of the Country Club Neighborhood Association and the Near South Neighborhood Association